dbus connection problems with hal

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Aug 25 16:34:49 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 11:59 -0500, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi, sorry for the delay

> 	For the last week or so I have had problems connecting with dbus.  I am
> using the latest dbus and hal from cvs.  dbus is running fine as far as
> I can tell, I can pass message through the daemon but hal will not
> connect to the dbus daemon at all.  I get the following error message
> when I try running hald:
>
> [E] hald_dbus.c:1933 hald_dbus_init() : dbus_bus_acquire_service():
> Disconnected prior to receiving a reply
>
> Does anyone know how I can solve this?

You probably need to make sure that hal and dbus are installed into the
same root. Specifically, if you're installing dbus into /usr/local make
sure that you use PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig before
configuring hal or otherwise the system-installed dbus libraries will be
used in hal.

David