hald crash when sending QueryCapability('volume')

leon breedt bitserf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:17:10 PST 2004

When I send this message using the Python bindings (i got it from the
example volumed.py), I can crash hald every time (0.4.2 on Ubuntu
Hoary).

Here is a small test case in Python:

# hald crash test case

import dbus

bus = dbus.Bus(dbus.Bus.TYPE_SYSTEM)
hal_service = bus.get_service('org.freedesktop.Hal')
hal_manager = hal_service.get_object('/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager',
                                                 'org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager')
devices = hal_manager.GetAllDevices()
for name in devices:
        device = hal_service.get_object(name, 'org.freedesktop.Hal.Device')
        properties = device.GetAllProperties()
        device.QueryCapability('volume')

Leon