Plans for hal 0.5.x

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Dec 14 07:51:00 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 18:48 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > >  2. A hal device object for the AC adaptor. Simply with capability
> > >     power_source, boolean property power_source.enabled
> > Do you really think it is necessary? If all enabled battery_bays (with
> > .battery_present = TRUE) have .is_charging=TRUE - it means we are on
> > AC, doesn't it?

However, this is useful information and its even exported by sysfs/proc
interfaces for each adaptor:

> cat /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/state
state: on-line

So if its exported by the kernel, why not just pick it up and put it
into the AC adapter object itself?  That makes it much easier in user-
side code to figure out what's happening.

Dan