hal and battery status

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Jul 4 09:56:12 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 10:21 -0400, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> Is hal going to eventually have powermanagement devices? (batteries,
> etc)

Hi, yes, eventually there will be devices in HAL for battery bays, power
buttons, lid buttons etc. - we'll have to come up with a generic enough
way of describing these though as not everything uses ACPI. From looking
at my x86 laptop this looks easy to do.

Further I think it will be sense to export a generic method 'Suspend' on
each device to power it down (and we'll have a device capability
is_suspendable) - but this also requires careful considerations.

Hope this helps,
David