Can't burn CD when hald is running

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Jul 4 10:02:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

thanks for reporting this and sorry for the lag,

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 19:41 +0200, Silas De Munck wrote:
> I'm trying to get ivman running to automount cdrom's. But had a serious
> problem when I tried to burn a cd with this setup. I found out the problem
> was not ivman but hald so I think this is the right place to ask about.
>
> When Burning starts I get this in dmesg:

 (snip)

> I hope this can be solved...

Me too - I've had no problems burning CD's with hald running so far
(knock on wood), here's a few questions

 o  CD-Burning only fails when hald is running, right?

 o  Try this commandline

       hal-set-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0 --key storage.media_check_enabled --bool false

    with the proper UDI for your CD burner of course. This will
    disable media checking, which I think is what may be causing the
    problem.

Let us know, Thanks,
David