Can't burn CD when hald is running

Silas De Munck s.dem at belgacom.net
Mon Jul 5 01:45:37 PDT 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 00:49, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 11:10:25PM +0200, Silas De Munck wrote:
> > > Is magicdev running while burning works? Can you try to run magicdev
> > > while burning?
> >
> > I can't get Magicdev running at all.
> > When I started X (or KDE, mouse was still working) locked up.
> > Maybe the lockup is caused by running it from KDE... or because gnome is
> > not installed...
>
> Ok, I believe KDE has Autostart to automatically mount your disc or at
> least poll for it, does burning work with this enabled?

I don't know KDE has the Autostart-feature, or at least I cannot find it. But
when I tried to mount the disc while burning, then burning also fails. Don't
know if that is "normal" behaviour.

I'm now trying to get the magicdev-thing working by installing gnome. (I'm a
gentoo-user, so that can take a while ;-))