Goals for 0.3.0

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 08:33:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 11:59 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just did some work on the TODO
>
>  http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/hal/hal/doc/TODO
>
> for the features that I can consider absolutely important before releasing
> 0.3.0 as well as some features that I'd like to wait with.

I had a thought about the stuff like:
<match key="udi:root/kernel.name" string="Linux">

Might this be easier as:
<match udi="root" key="kernel.name" string="Linux">

so that the XML parser handles this for you, and you can express it more
easily in a DTD?

Though that might be the XML junkie in me speaking; it may be more
useful to have a concept of a stringified property on a device.  Also it
changes the semantics of existing FDI files.