Hal activation

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers at digital-scurf.org
Thu Jul 22 13:03:50 PDT 2004

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Not sure if this has been discuss but every time dbus is restarted Hal
> dies.  Perhaps hal should use dbus activation whenever someone tries to
> access a hal service and it is not running.

The Debian dbus packages have just gained an event.d system similar to how
apmd handles things.

This means that the Debian dbus package can restart registered applications
whenever dbus is restarted. I hope to persuade the debian hal package to use
this system.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895