[patch] class device unmerging support

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Fri Jul 30 13:12:30 PDT 2004

Hi,

One of the items on the TODO list is unmerging class devices from the
parent sysdevices.  This patch implements it and a lot of support
functions needed by it.

There is one big assumption made by the code: that only one class device
is ever merged onto the sysdevice.  I'm not sure this is an okay
assumption to make, but I hope so, because I have no idea how we'll do
it otherwise. ;)

It also introduces a "hal.old" property namespace, since we need to keep
track of the properties to unmerge.  I couldn't come up with a better
name...

Comments please.

Joe