More on Atheros.

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Wed Jun 2 22:59:10 PDT 2004

I've made a few discoveries about the Atheros problem.

net_class_compute_udi() returns:

	/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/net-(null)

This is because "net.interface" is "(null)" in many places, though it is
correctly set to "ath0" in net_class_pre_process().

This is also why there are ioctl errors. The ioctl() function is passed
a blank interface name. Replacing iface and ifname with "ath0"
everywhere still causes an eventual segfault, but it seems that the
ioctl()s succeed.

Is it reasonable to assume that whatever is causing the device name to
go wonky is responsible for the segfault?

For now, the following in net_class_accept() works:

	if (strcmp("/sys/class/net/ath0", path) == 0) return FALSE;

Well, it's way past my bedtime. I'm going to sleep.

--Pat