[patch] support partiton labels/uuids of common filesystems

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue May 4 15:08:22 PDT 2004

> Attached is a patch to support the reading of iso9660 and udf labels.

Very nice, I've applied this. Thanks a lot.

> If anyone is using a big-endian system, please test if a Video-DVD is
> recognized as a udf volume with a label.

My main development system just happens to be a Powerbook :-). So, it
works nicely for iso9660 with labels. For DVD's it does detect udf
correctly but there is no label. I've tested with a region-2 "Boogie
Nights" DVD disc, here is some debug output from a debug-enabled build,
hope it is useful

[I] linux/block_class_device.c:502 detect_media() : Adding volume for
optical device /dev/hdc
get_buffer: read sbbuf len:0x11000
probe_udf: test for blocksize: 0x800
probe_udf: vsd: CD001
probe_udf: vsd: CD001
probe_udf: vsd: BEA01
probe_udf: vsd: NSR02
get_buffer: read seekbuf off:0x80000 len:0x200
probe_udf: 0x0 descriptors starting at logical secor 0x0
[I] hald.c:69 gdl_store_changed() : Added device to GDL;
udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_22_0-disc

Let me know if there are any tests/things I should try to get this
working.

> Hmm, seems we need to call detect_fs() for the cdrom volumes, it's not
> working with this patch alone.

This is fixed; I've also fixed another bug where multiple discs were
added due to callouts taking some time.

Oh, btw, I've added a test for jfs == NULL in probe_jfs since that
caused a segfault.

Cheers,
David