Suggested API addition?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed May 26 02:31:48 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 04:33:07PM +1000, Toby Smith wrote:
> I am writing a program that needs to maintaing a list of all mounted
> removable media on a machine. The only way that I can see to do that is
> by invoking hal_device_property_watch_all() and filtering out any
> devices that dont match my criterion. It would be nice if a watch could
> be placed on all devices with a given list of capabilities (eg in this
> case volume.is_mounted and storage.removable).

This sounds like a useful API addition to libhal; I'm not sure we can
do the filtering at the system message bus level (IIRC the bus only let
us filter on object-path name), but we can do it at the libhal level
and change it without API changes if and when the bus supports more
advanced filtering rules. Care to send a patch?

Thanks,
David