[patch] wireless patch, take 2

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Thu May 27 13:06:03 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 21:44 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:

> This is quite clever actually.

As I said, Joe with a shank is *very motivating*.

> And we'd still support the distro specific things when things
> actually change, because then the callout is fired, right?

Sure.  We can still do whatever want, ex post facto, when the property
itself changes.

> What about volume.label, should we physically write to the partition
> when the user sets this properties?

If we want.  For any property where that makes sense, we can implement
an action in response to the property set and spec it.  Or not.

> And some properties might need to be updated in concert, e.g. you want
> to change ESSID, Wireless mode and perhaps a few more at the same time.
> Should we support transactions from libhal?

Only if we really really really have to.  I suspect most of these
properties are actually separate ioctl()'s anyhow.

> How many of our exported properties does this impact? Not a lot I
> guess..

Yah, not too many.

	Robert Love