Fedora Rawhide with hald-addon-usb-csr

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Apr 21 08:57:43 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 23:02 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I've just updated to hal-0.5.0.cvs20050404b-3 but the
> file /usr/libexec/hald-addon-usb-csr appears not to be installed,
> causing the capability battery not to be set when I plug in my wireless
> mouse. Is it possible it's been left from the spec file?

All programs in %{_libexecdir} does get installed. However, I had to put
some checks in configure.in to check for libusb since e.g. S390 doesn't
do USB. I may have made a mistake somewhere.

> I would send a patch but the hal/packaging/fedora/hal.spec file looks
> very old (Version: 0.2.95!) and I'm not sure where I can find the newest
> in the new fedora CVS (shouldn't it be in the tarball anyway?)

The spec file for Fedora is located here

 http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/hal/

We should probably delete the Fedora spec-file in the tarball but CVS
doesn't let one delete directories :-/ - there's lots of old cruft.
Someday we should probably move to another SCM system too but that is
another thread, most distributions like to keep the spec/control/ebuild
file separate from the tarball.

Cheers,
David