FIX ac_adaptor.present for *really* broken BIOS (Was: Question re on battery vs on mains)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 11:04:17 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 17:29 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Hmm, what exactly needs to be done here?
>
> Some BIOS's don't emit a acad event when the ac_adapter is removed, they
> just give the batt "discharging" event, so ac_adapter.present never gets
> set to false (and programs gets confused)

The final part of this patch attached. I hope I've commented enough so
people know what's going on.

For ChangeLog:

hald/linux2/acpi.c (battery_refresh_all, ac_adapter_refresh_all): new
functions, needed for the refresh on battery event.
Some ACPI BIOS's do not send acad events but *do* send batt events. This
will fix the bug reported by Andrew Duggan where the ac_adapter.present
field is never updated.

Please check and merge.

Thanks,

Richard.