[patch] Move negative checks to util.c, from acpi.c (resend)

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 01:01:45 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 13:12 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> Again: I don't understood: What the difference for you to handle 101% as error
> or -1 ? "-1" Is a well defined return value at all (kernel, userspace
> programmes with return values >= 0).

Point taken, I'm just trying to make like easier for myself (coding

I agree now, "-1" makes most sense as a "unknown" value. DavidZ's idea
of not setting the key is also a nice idea as we are not providing a
value, although this gets tricky if the key is already set, as we will
then have to remove the key. I vote -1.

David, Danny?

Richard.