Newbie question about HAL 0.5.x

Davide Ferrari vide80 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 13:18:12 PDT 2005

Hi everyone

sorry for my dumb question but: how does HAL 0.5.x work with removable media
since it seems that fstab-sync has been removed? I've just installed HAL
0.5.4 on my system due to the upgrade to KDE 3.5alpha1 and I was used with
HAL 0.4.7 that when I plug my usb disk in, an entry was automagically added
to fstab permitting me to mout it even from consolle with a simple mount
command.
Now I have to manually add the line by myself, otherwise it wouldn't obviously
work...is this supposed to be correct?
I'm using Gentoo, and I've also installed the most recent pmount but nothing
seems to work out magically as in the "it just works" Project Utopia
philosophy.

TIA and sorry for my dumb question, but I think this is the place where I can
find the most expert people :)

--
Davide Ferrari