Newbie question about HAL 0.5.x

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 29 02:14:17 PDT 2005

Le Dimanche 28 Août 2005 23:53, vous avez écrit :
> the mount error is in italian, it simply means it cannot find /dev/sda1, so
> it seems it's calling mount directly...how can I give you more debug info
> about what's happening here? I do have pmount installed and I'm running HAL
> 0.5.4

It attempts to use pmount first and silently fail. I mean I could not have a
dialog telling to the user "you're not using pmount, bad boy!". =)

I could have added some debug output though, but well the code part is really
straigtforward. If it doesn't work it's surely a user rights issue as Ikke
implied in his previous mail.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."