Intergrating lm_sensors support into hal

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed Aug 31 11:17:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 14:33, Hans de Goede wrote:
[...]
> So now I have 3 questions:
> 1) Do you think that the above is a good idea?
> 2) Is hal a good place to add this functionality too

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to implement this in HAL. I think it's maybe
a better idea to write a daemon or other program which listen on DBUS for HAL
events (matching the key) and configure lmsensors.

For me HAL is not really the place to configure other "system daemons". IMO
there are also to many different boards to handle this in a fast way within
HAL fdi file match.

But what I would like to see in HAL is to provides the data from
lmsensors/proc if available.

Cheers,

Danny