acpi updates

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Feb 1 07:40:40 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 16:28 +0100, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 10:23:32AM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > I'll do processor and stuff if you want me to. Plus I've some PMU bits
> > > that need testing.
> > >

> > Cool. I'll try to boot my Powerbook.
>
> Patch for pmu stuff is almost finished, so better to wait for that :) Several
> parts need to be done in callouts though, don't know how far the infrastructure
> for them is.

Cool.

If you need to read stuff off /dev/pmu you should just use helper_invoke
()
much like hald/linux2/classdev.c:hotplug_event_begin_classdev() does.
You
want to put the source in hald/linux2/probing and call the binary
something
like hald-probe-pmu. For packaging this can be setuid root and only
executable by the haldaemon user like we talked about.

That binary should use libhal to set/get properties. That's what we
currently
do for input devices, look at hald/linux2/probing/probe-input.c (and
I've
just fixed a bug here to cope with the new libhal API, so you want to
cvs up).

Does that makes sense or am I way off?

Cheers,
David