acpi updates

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Wed Feb 2 02:51:53 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:27:05PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 17:44 +0100, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > Makes perfect sense :) thanks!
> Here's a more concrete example: for ACPI batteries, the
> addon would listen to /proc/acpi/event (or whatever) and
> just update the battery.charge_level.current when the
> battery is charging/discharging.
>
> But when the battery is removed, or added, the addon would
> invoke Rescan() and the existing code clears/sets all the
> battery.* properties except for battery.is_present which
> would be set to FALSE/TRUE. PMU would do something similar
> I suppose.

  I don't know for sure if i can get events from /dev/pmu. So it migth be that
  the pmu backend needs to keep polling like the current patch does..

  Sjoerd
--
"Anything created must necessarily be inferior to the essence of the creator."
		-- Claude Shouse

"Einstein's mother must have been one heck of a physicist."
		-- Joseph C. Wang