[patch] fix uninitialised GError

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 14:32:53 PST 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 17:12:02 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I fixed that. We also leaked the error object; also fixed.

Cool, nice one. Thanks to you this is turning into some high quality code!

> Yeah, I decided to the Reprobe() and Rescan() and this requires
> big changes to how devices are handled. I'll follow up on the patches
> from you and Sjoerd once I've tweaked them to fit in my tree

Sure thing. I've been playing with /proc/acpi/video/VGA/ - there's lots of
information we can abstract to the user. Simple things, like switching
from LCD to VGA out, or setting the LCD/TV_OUT brightness - and it would
seem that it's pretty toshiba/asus/ibm independent.

Cheers,

Richard.

p.s. I think I owe you a beer now....

--