[patch] pmu patch

Pozsar Balazs pozsy at uhulinux.hu
Thu Feb 3 05:27:13 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:52:28PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Btw, in principle I'm against letting hal relay something that is
> computed
> based on the policy of an algorithm since that, uhm, is policy. I've
> much
> rather wants to relay facts and leave the guesswork to higher level
> apps.

I think it would better to let hal compute remaining time. If it doesn't
do so, then every applet out there has to implement the same thing. I
think it would be nicer to only have it implemented in ONE place, and in
this case, it is hal.

> Yeah, I don't really know where we should put it :-). One might argue
> it's a bit cracktastic to let hal expose such information :-) - dunno;
> I'm worried about the bandwidth for exporting a lot of device objects
> with changing properties..

If there are bw problems, then those should be solved, and the solution
is not filtering objects...

--
pozsy