[patch] pmu patch

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 13:11:44 PST 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:20:00 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Thanks - testing is always good :-)

Testing worked on my Back-UPS PRO 500. Note I had to set:

#export UDI=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_51d_2_AB0147240036
#export HAL_PROP_HIDDEV_DEVICE=/dev/hiddev0

before running the addon. Note, if you don't the addon quits silently.
Might be worth putting in a printf or two when there is no UDI or HIDDEV
specified. Would have saved me a few minutes scratching my head... :-)

Looks good - the addon seems to do it's job fantastically. I guess the
laptop battery and lid switch addons are next right?

Note: My UPS has been "dumb" for about 2 years. It was an interesting find
to see a 40% remaining (and quickly going down, this thing used to
last HOURS...) when I removed the power-cord. Looks like I need a new lead
acid battery... :-)

> My guess is that it doesn't. Someone may provide
> code to compute the
> time and Sjoerd and others are probably right that it makes sense to
> centralize all that code in one place.

Sure, I'll find out how the battstat applet works out ACPI time remaining.

Richard.

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY