HAL and Bluetooth?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Feb 16 12:58:48 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 07:24 -0800, Jono Bacon wrote:
>Hi,
>
>A while back, Paul and David were trading some
>discussion about implementing the detection of
>Bluetooth devices with HAL. I was just wondering if
>any progress has been made.
>
>I for one, would find it incredibly useful if a
>Bluetooth device connected to the bluetooth reader on
>my laptop could be detected and traversed in the same
>way as a normal device connected to the system.
>
>Can anyone give me an update on this?

I think we agreed it would be nice if HAL showed the currently attached
Bluetooth devices (e.g. those that you authenticated with) including
things such as a device object for the input abstraction if it's a BT
input device, device object for the printer abstraction if it's a BT
printer etc. etc.

I haven't seen any patches yet, I'm still waiting for them :-)

David