improving digital camera detection

Pozsar Balazs pozsy at uhulinux.hu
Mon Jan 17 04:33:48 PST 2005

> > One problem with the recognition of ptp camera's is that some vendors ship both
> > PtP and Mass storage ones with the same usb ids (wonderfull isn't it).. In
> > debian hal-hotplug-map has a ugly hack to work around this (by checking if
> > there is a mass storage endpoint).. I don't know how we can work around that
> > problem when having a list, any good ideas ? :)
>
> I do not exactly understand what the "problem" is.

To be a little bit more exact:
If it is a camera, then the info.capabilites should be set. It is _not_
a problem if the camera has the same usb ids in both modes. Why would it
be?

My .fdi files will set this capability either based on the ptp usb
interface or usb usb vendor/product id (or both).

--
pozsy