storage icon name

Karl Relton karllinuxtest.relton at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 1 12:32:45 PDT 2005

Hi

I read elsewhere (gnome-vfs) that the libhal-storage icon name policy
stuff in Hal was to be deprecated.

Does this mean I will lose the ability to specify exactly the icon I
want for each of my devices - or will the mechanism to do this simply
change.

Right now I have a couple of cameras. I have configured hal via my own
fdi files to specify my own icons (each one being an icon representing
the particular camera), so that gnome/nautilus displays my specific
camera-icon for each camera (to help me know which one is which).

I'm worried that if this goes away, I will be left with two of the same
icon on my desktop - not so easy to distinguish between the two.

I tried googling on the hal mailing list, but couldn't find anything
describing the pending change in hal - just the patch submitted for
gnome-vfs.

Karl