Mounting CD/DVD doesn't change hal properties

Vedran Furac vedranf at riteh.hr
Mon Jul 4 16:10:44 PDT 2005

After mounting CD/DVD hal have to change properties from:
	volume.is_mounted = false  (bool)
	volume.mount_point = ''  (string)
to:
	volume.is_mounted = true  (bool)
	volume.mount_point = '/media/cd'  (string)

but this doesn't happen.

If I run $ lshal --monitor and mount CD/DVD I should get something like
this:

*** lshal: property_modified,
udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_foo, key=volume.is_mounted
           is_removed=false, is_added=false
*** new value: true  (bool)

*** lshal: property_modified,
udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_foo, key=volume.mount_point
           is_removed=false, is_added=false
*** new value: '/media/cd'  (string)

*** lshal: device_condition,
udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/block_foo
           condition_name=VolumeMount

but I don't get anything.

When inserting/ejecting CD/DVD I get output from
$ hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes
but when mounting...nothing.

Because of this some programs (ivman for example) doesn't work properly.
It's strange because on other computer everything works fine with same
(debian) packages and kernel. Hal is 0.4.8.