http://advogato.org/person/Marcus/

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 19 15:19:23 PDT 2005

marcus - a developer of gphoto - has the following complaint on his
diary entry to make about hal:

	At work ... after talking to some HAL knowledgeable
	guys I found out I need to change my SUSE libgphoto2
	package to use HAL better.

	Then I found out that HAL has this evil libgphoto2
	usermap to FDI converter. WTF? Those guys never even
	said a single word to the gphoto developers that they
	need the map in this format, they just went and wrote
	a script? Another example of NIH syndrome... :/

	So I now just added a FDI map output to
	print-usb-usermap, the program we have for dumping such
	maps and have it work the canonical and correct way.

	Things i hated today: hal.

slapped wrist guys :)

l.