PowerManager Methods

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 12:07:37 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 17:03 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> How do we detail an interface as complicated as this? Sorry if I'm being
> thick.

I'll come up with an example tonight...

> > I doon't know. I really want to know if e.g. SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian,
> > Gentoo etc. guys are interested in having a wrapper script? It means
> > less patching on their side....
>
> Ubuntu, yes, but not before their next release.

Well, I know Ubuntu has scripts for suspending / hibernating just like
Fedora got /usr/bin/pm-suspend and Gentoo and SUSE got something else.

The question was whether we should create a script, say let's call
it /usr/libexec/hal-suspend that calls pm-suspend on Fedora, and other
things on other distros.

Cheers,
David