Feature requests for hal battery backend.

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:28:01 PDT 2005

> At the moment I have to check if a device is a UPS, mouse, a pmu
> battery, or an acpi battery, and do different types of calculations for
> each one.
I cannot exactly understand why. If you have the max and current
values, why simple division won't do? Of course, if it does not work -
this value should be calculated on the hal side.

> Yes, in g-p-m I calculate the averages, as I assume the batteries will
> discharge together.
Exactly what I mean. Averaging in this situation looks more logical
than summing. Actually, this rises another interesting question. For
devices with multiple batteries, would it make sense to specify the
'dispcipline of discharge': together or 'one-after-another'. This
would affect the calculations...

Sergey