Feature requests for hal battery backend.

Sergey Udaltsov sergey.udaltsov at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:20:38 PDT 2005

> is battery.energy.current better than battery.mwh.current?
It is not bound to non-SI units (even not the unit itself, but its
derived, 1e-6!). :-P

> Most acpi batteries report it as mWh, which is a nice unit to do maths
> with. Plus, most people know what a mWh is! (I'm studying MEng
> Electronics....)
Let's educate people then!:) Actually, the internal variable names do
not matter - as I said, if the "charge_level.unit" is "mWh" - it is
just copied as is, in case of 'unit_type' 'energy'.

> I'll switch to replying in Ryan's email I think. We need to tie you and
> him together, not literally of course. :-)
:))

> > "battery.energy.unit" becomes tricky. And probably should be
> > hardcoded...
> Okay.
Well, I can see some "smart" algorithms here - but for non-system
units, some hardcoding is inevitable, I'd say.

> No, sounds like we are both engineers, thats all :-)
Indeed:)

Sergey