Feature requests for hal battery backend.

Ryan Lortie desrt at desrt.ca
Sat Jul 30 15:46:25 PDT 2005

Le samedi 30 juillet 2005 à 22:35 +0100, Sergey Udaltsov a écrit :
> > battery.charge_level.type = {percent|csr|mWh} NOT mAh
> So, you mean it is always "energy" - either absolute or relative,
> never "current*time". Do I understand it right?
>
> > battery.reporting.type = {mWh|mAh|mJ|whatever}
> So, for 'csr' it is just 'csr', isn't it?

For all devices except for ACPI (including CSR) the behaviour remains
exactly the same.

For ACPI, when the reading is mWh, the behaviour remains exactly the
same except for the addition of some new fields.

For ACPI, when the reading is mAh then the behaviour is changed.  The
value is normalised to mWh and that value is given to the user.

In either case with ACPI, the old value is available through the
"reported" fields.