Feature requests for hal battery backend.

Ryan Lortie desrt at desrt.ca
Sun Jul 31 20:23:23 PDT 2005

Le dimanche 31 juillet 2005 à 22:12 -0400, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> The larger design and thoughts about this are fine I think. Just to be
> clear, we want to standardize on mWh right? What about patches for APM
> and PMU (I can test the PMU bits on my Powerbook)? =)

No.  I'm not sure that it's possible to standaise on mWh.  APM only
gives you a reading in percent, for example, with no way to find out how
much power is actually there.

The goal is to standardise on some unit that means the same thing across
all batteries in the laptop.  Since you either have "an ACPI machine" or
"an APM machine" or "a PMU machine", however, each different type of
machine can have a different standard unit.

If there is, however, some way to get mWh information out of APM that
would be even cooler. :)

Cheers.