[patch] removal of 'system.' prefix for acpi and pmu objects

Richard Hughes richard at hughsie.com
Wed Mar 2 08:41:34 PST 2005

The prefix 'system.' doesn't actually add anything to the spec - and now
battery is non-prefixed if you will, it's a pain to remember which
device is prefixed, and which ones are not. I only initially used system
to denote that the device was not a normal device, but now all the acpi
and pmu stuff is settled nicely in HAL, it makes sense to remove it.

Before any 5.0 release, we should make the interface consistent and
remove the unneeded prefix. David, if you agree, please apply.

Thanks,

Richard.