Project Utopia : HAL & PowerManagement

David Eriksson twogood at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 6 22:52:26 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 20:00 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I've created a few pages here on the advice of DavidZ:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/ProjectUtopia_2fPowerManagement
> and
> http://live.gnome.org/ProjectUtopia_2fPowerManagement_2fScreenshots
>
> to document the PowerManagement interface for HAL.

This may be too early, but I thought a little about the mock-up,
thinking: "what is _really_ needed for the user to change?"

o The UPS part could be moved to a separate configuration, not everyone
has a UPS.

o About the "Buttons" section. If there actually should be an UI to
change these things, what is the alternative action if I don't mark one
of the check boxes? To do nothing or do something else that's not
mentioned in the dialog? Maybe a drop-down list with alternative actions
would be easier to understand?

--
Regards,
               -\- David Eriksson -/-