hal 0.5.0 "The family had a lot of buffers." release

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 10 10:49:59 PST 2005

Diego González wrote:

> i have found the problem, it happends that if i launch hald without
> the --retain-privileges option it changes the user to haldaemon, and
> is not able to bind to the netlink socket beacuse it needs root
> privileges to do so.

Yep, using --retain-privileges makes it work for me too.  Thanks Diego.

I haven't tried Kay's C program yet, though my linux-libc-headers are
going to cause me some pain I think.  I already had to add a hack to
allow HAL to compile in the first place (2.6.8.1 headers are missing the
#define HID_MAX_USAGES 1024).

Regards,

Matt.