Several problems with hal 0.5.0

Diego González dggonz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 14:14:16 PST 2005

I updated the version of Hal and since then i've experienced several problems:
1) whenever i shutdown the dbus system service (this also takes down
hald) the /etc/fstab file is left withthe entried added to Hal, in
previous version those entried where removed when the dbus and hal
services stoped

2) I can't get hald to mount my camera and to put the user attribute
to cd readers and recorders (i created a file called
/usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy/10-storage.fdi, but hald - with the
nodaemon and verbose options - is not reading it). Nautilus desn't get
notified when the camera is plugged (i applied gnome-vfs patches).

Attached is the 10-storage.fdi that i created.