"doing" things to HAL devices

David Eriksson twogood at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 15 08:15:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 15:48 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd <at> luon.net> writes:
> >   Unfortunately live isn't that simple, for example on my powerbook i need to
> >   kill esd and remove some modules when suspending... And ofcourse reload when
> >   coming out of suspend.
>
> Sort of suggests shell scripts, the idea of which I'm hating. What about just
> providing a blacklist of modules that we have to rmmod and modprobe at suspend?
> That could be done inside of HAL (well, an addon I guess)

APM already has a shellscript system for this...

See /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/apmscript (installed my the apmd RPM).

I'm quite sure there are other users like myself who wants certain
actions done on suspend and resume: unloading/loading of modules,
restoring network tunnels, etc

--
Regards,
               -\- David Eriksson -/-