Hal 0.5.0

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Mar 23 17:20:30 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 00:07 +0000, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> Here is new version of the code. Unfortunately I can only compile it
> and ensure it starts - I still use hal 0.4.7 (dbus 0.23.2) - so cannot
> fully test the functionality.

I've now merged this with a few minor tweaks

 - fix up property names to be in line with the spec
 - match on USB device, not USB interfaces
 - added an entry in the .fdi file for the Logitech Cordless desktop

and I've tested it on said Logitech gadget; here's the screenshot

 http://people.redhat.com/davidz/usb-device-battery-status.png

As visible on the screenshot this device is a composite devices with two
interfaces; one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. Now, is there
any way to tweak the CSR reading code such that we can extract it per
interface; IOW, are there any links to the CSR spec? :-)

> (BTW, can I have both old and new
> version piecefully coexisting?). I'll try to switch to newer dbus/hal
> ASAP - but I would like at least to have some code visibility and, if
> possible, code review from David.

You should be able to get by with just running hald/run-hald.sh from
your local checkout without make install (however you won't get hotplug
events). But the two versions can't really coexist, sorry.

Thanks again, Cheers,
David