unknown property camera.access_method

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu May 12 12:28:19 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 14:35 +0000, Edwin Schepers wrote:
> Hi,
> Is the method camera.access_method new in HAL 0.5.1 ? It seems to be mandatory
> but is not present with my camera on HAL 0.5.0
>
> My actual problem is that my camera is not recognized. The software is doing a
> libhal_device_query_capability(m_halContext, udi, "camera", NULL) and this
> function returns False. However, if I use gtkam or digikam, the device is
> accessible with no problem.
> Now I'm searching for a way to get the camera recognized. "info.capabilities"
> also seem not to be present.
>
> Do you have a solution?

Yeah, the device information files for cameras doesn't ship with hal
0.5.1. I've added the PTP one to hal cvs (will be part of the 0.5.2
release) and I've also added Pozsar Balazs script to generate the device
information file from libgphoto2 to the tools/ directory.

I am working on a patch to submit to libgphoto2 such that the device
information file is installed with the library (in Fedora Rawhide we
ship patched version of libgphoto2 that does exactly this).

Cheers,
David