Using HAL for X Server Config Properties?

Johnson, Charles F charles.f.johnson at intel.com
Mon Oct 10 10:55:53 PDT 2005

Maybe I'm being dense, what is the end user benefit of moving the X
Server configuration information from the text file (/etc/X11/xorg.conf)
to where it is managed by some kind of configuration API as refered to
here.  Is this just engineering goodness in that it will make it easier
to support other operating systems, etc ??  Or is these seen as a
necessary infrastructure improvement needed before we can handle Hotplug
and some of these X11 devuce management issues ??  If there is a bigger
picture here, then I want to make sure I'm seeing it.

--Charles Johnson
Intel Corporation
charles.f.johnson at intel.com

But