3of3 acpi.c Adding initial quirk BIOS handling

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Oct 11 04:35:26 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:07, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 10:54 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Quite non-controversial, new stuff. Good to merge?
>
> p.s. I've played with using FDI files to set the quirks, but the fdi is
> being parsed way before the smbios bits are being set. Plus the next
> slew of fixes (for multi-battery laptops) depends on the quirk code
> being run early in the acpi setup.

What have you tried exactly? Have you some code for testing?

If you match for the special smbios keys in the fdi file and merge/add then
the needed keys back to hal, it should IMO work. Maybe not directly
with/after acpi_synthesize_hotplug_events(), but at the moment as the smbios
keys are added. This should do the same as your code, but more generic and
changeable by the user within the fdi file.

Cheers,

Danny