G-P-M on the wrong track?!

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sun Oct 16 11:15:59 PDT 2005

Eak! I would rather have this stuff as part of an addon to HAL.  Really
plugin or daemon, they are the same thing.  HAL then adds a nice
interface on top.  As for signals you can just listen for a property
changed in HAL.  Come to think of it I might just move my printer
configuration stuff to HAL in Fedora.

Network Manager itself as a separate daemon makes sense because of the
complexity.  Power Management is really not all that complex that it
warrants a separate daemon.