Does pmount honor mount_root?

Chris Atkinson thirtyyearswar at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 22 15:06:53 PDT 2005

I put this in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/30user/tweaks.fdi :

<device>
<match key="info.udi"string="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer">
<merge key="storage.policy.default.mount_root"type="string">/mnt</merge>
</match>
</device>

However, my usb stick continues to be mounted under /media rather
than /mnt. lshal shows that the change to /mnt has taken.

I suspect pmount, since man pmount indicates that it "will mount device
to a directory below /media" and further the above syntax worked back
in the day of fstab-sync .

Am I correct or should I continue to search for a different solution?

I'm using:
--dbus 0.36.2
--gnome-volume-manager 1.5.3
--hal 0.5.4