Does pmount honor mount_root?

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Sun Oct 23 23:47:57 PDT 2005

Hi Kevin!

Kevin Ottens [2005-10-24  8:34 +0200]:
> Le Lundi 24 Octobre 2005 08:30, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> > Right. /media is fixed in pmount at compile time. pmount itself knows
> > nothing about hal. The hal information is fed to pmount over the
> > pmount-hal wrapper.
>
> What about making /media a runtime option then? the pmount-hal wrapper could
> use this...

This was exactly my point. Normal users aren't supposed to specify a
random directory. Mounting below /media/<label> is a fixed part in
pmount's policy.

A compromise would be to read the mount prefix from a local
configuration file /etc/pmountrc or whatever, but fail to see why one
should bother about changing it in the first place? There is a good
reason to follow the FHS, and e. g. Gnome treats /media specially to
provide better support for removable devices.

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de