hald caught in infinite loop while scanning directory

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Mon Oct 24 09:40:25 PDT 2005

Hi David!

David Zeuthen [2005-10-24 10:53 -0400]:
> On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 11:16 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > However, I never saw hald lock up on traversing the current directory
> > "." at this point. Maybe this is file system specific?
>
> This is pretty strange, we have this snippet
>
> 		} else if (g_file_test (full_path, (G_FILE_TEST_IS_DIR))
> 			   && strcmp (filename, ".") != 0
> 			   && strcmp (filename, "..") != 0) {
>
> in hald/device_info.c to guard against this.

I agree that it is strange, and I can't reproduce it either. Maybe it
is a quirk of a specific file system (the Ubuntu bug reporter did not
reply yet).

> Maybe your package has patches that changes this?

No, none of the Ubuntu patches change this file.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?