f-u-s-a causes problems...

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Oct 26 08:24:54 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 09:19 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > So, is this the case when user A is logged in via gdm and user B is
> > logged in via fusa? E.g. do the files
> >
> >  /var/run/console/A
> >  /var/run/console/B
> >
> > exist? This is a simple matter of checking.
>
> No. I only get /var/run/console/A
>
> This is with dbus 0.50. I'll try rawhide.

This isn't exactly a D-BUS issues - D-BUS on RH-ish systems merely check
those files - the problem apparently is that they're not written.

> I'll also open a bug if that
> doesn't work, but with what component?

It seems like an issue with either

 1. gdm
 2. The fast user switching bits
 3. or the lack of integration of these bits in Fedora with pam-console

I'd chase the issue upstream as I understand we don't ship these bits in
Fedora at all. I do believe the pam-console stuff is upstream though so
it should be fixable upstream - some distros (like Debian) just disable
these bits.

Cheers,
David