Wireless keyboard battery bug in HAL

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Thu Oct 27 00:20:52 PDT 2005

Hi list,

I was talking with Richard Hughes (gnome-power-manager's main developer)
yesterday. He was looking over the lshal and pointed out that there is a
bug in HAL which prevents me from getting the amount of remaining
battery power in gnome-power-manager. He said that I should report the
following to this list:

- output of "lshal"
- output of "lsusb"
- output of "hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes --retain-privileges"

You can find these files attached (bzipped). Richard will have to
explain further details on this. He said that he will follow up this
message. I'm also subscribed to this list to be part of the discussion.
So if you need anything else to find the problem, just let me know.
These logs were done with hal 0.5.4 and a 2.6.13 kernel (if that
matters).

Thanks in advance,
  Chris