Sorting out the datatype mess

Martin Pitt martin at piware.de
Tue Sep 27 00:40:47 PDT 2005

Hi again!

Martin Pitt [2005-09-27  8:52 +0200]:
> I will create a new clean patch against hal CVS HEAD, now that there
> seems to be an agreement to use the proposed solution.

I did that now. Surprisingly CVS HEAD only contained one single usage
of __u8 and no other kernel datatypes any more, since volume_id was
recently synced to the latest upstream version which did the same
switch to the userspace data types :-)

So the updated patch against HEAD at [1] fixes this last instance in
drive_id.c, removes the configure.in check and replaces the inclusions
asm/types.h and sys/types.h with stdint.h, which is preferable since
stdint.h is an ISO C standard.

Thanks for considering and have a nice day!

Martin

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~pitti/patches/hal-datatypes.patch

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?